So it’s that time of year again…New Year’s Resolution Time. I know because the gym was so packed yesterday it was ridiculous! I mean great that so many people have joined a gym, are eating healthy, or have started a training program for running or walking, but how many of these people will still be going strong when March rolls around? Well, most studies show that only about 8 percent of people stick to their resolutions. Even if we were generous and doubled that… 16 percent is not so great either. Those who stick with their resolutions are those who are ready to make lifestyle changes, they form new habits and re-prioritize. Truthfully, it is not so easy to do. Some of the best tips I have found that work for myself and friends of mine as well are listed below!
1. Be realistic in your goal setting
2. Find friends that are working towards the same goals
3. Learn from your mistakes, when you fall…don’t give up, just start again
4. Celebrate and reward yourself with small achievements
5. Find ways to have fun and enjoy yourself while you work towards the goal
Not everyone’s New Year’s Resolution is a fitness or health goal. Ever wondered what most people decide to work towards? Here are some of the most popular:
– Lose weight by exercising and eating healthy
– Get organized both personally and professionally
– Spend Less Money and put More in Savings
– Quit Smoking
– Spend More Time With Family
– Learn something new and exciting, find a new hobby
Did you also know that less than half of Americans even make a New Year’s Resolution? The New Year isn’t the only time people can attempt to make changes, but it is a great time to try. If fitness is on your resolution radar, stay tuned for my next blog entry about the new Saturday morning runs we will be starting at Sport Seasons! There is no better way to achieve your goals than with the support of others!
So don’t give up!!! This is your year!!