The Commercials, The Snacks, The Halftime Show, and Oh Yeah….The Game!
In honor of the Super Bowl this Sunday, my kids and I have been listening to the Super Bowl Shuffle. I introduced it to them last year and it was an instant hit. What I love about the Super Bowl is that there are so many things to love about it. You don’t even have to be a sports fan or have any knowledge at all about sports and you can still be excited about Sunday. There are the snacks, the commercials, the halftime show, the friends and family, and of course there’s the game too!
So speaking of snacks, I came across this crazy article with facts about Super Bowl food, including the number of calories we eat and the amount of money we spend at the grocery store. It is insane! People actually buy the highest calorie foods around the Super Bowl, (the most calories per serving) even more than Thanksgiving or Christmas. I think 11 million slices of Domino’s pizza, 1.2 billion chicken wings, and 8.2 million pounds of tortilla chips is unthinkable!
The Super Bowl may be the only thing I watch that I don’t fast forward through commercials. Truthfully often times I get so excited and the majority of them aren’t as good as I had hoped, but they are still fun to watch. I think what is the most fun about Super Bowl is that it is a great reason to get together with friends and family. I still think that kids should be out of school the Monday after the game! This year I am not a fan of either team, but I am hoping for a close game with lots of excitement.
Here are a few fun facts about the Super Bowl that can make you seem in the know at your football party!
1. The first Super Bowl was played in 1967 and the Green Bay Packers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs 35-10.
2. The Pittsburgh Steelers hold the most Super Bowl titles with 6.. sorry Jerry!
3. Spending on Super Bowl food and fan gear has reached over $14 billion dollars.
4. The game will be broadcast in more than 170 different countries and will be broadcast in 25 different languages or more.
5. Americans will consume over 325 million gallons of beer.
6. Last year’s Super Bowl was the single most watched television program ever in the U.S.
7. The trophy is made by Tiffany and Co and is estimated to be worth $25,000!
So I say eat, drink, and enjoy the company. Although I am not a huge fan of either team, I am cheering for the Seahawks simply because I don’t want the Patriots to win! That is just my opinion though – there are some diehard Seahawks and Patriot fans at Sport Seasons that I’m sure I just picked a fight with. Sorry guys!
Enjoy the game, have a blast, and head into Sport Seasons for some must have championship gear! We’ll have the locker room tees, caps and some accessories coming in within a few days after the game.