Super Bowl Sunday is upon us again. It is a great time for everyone, regardless if you are looking forward to the game or to the snacks! It seems a topic of discussion is always one relating to fun facts about the Super Bowl. So if you want to be in the know and amaze your friends, I’m sharing a few fun facts you can take with you! I personally would love to see Peyton Manning and Denver Broncos win, and am hoping my husband doesn’t read this blog. He’s a huge Carolina Panthers fan.
14 Facts about the Super Bowl
1. It’s the second highest day of food consumption, second only to Thanksgiving.
2. We’ll eat 11 million slices of Domino’s Pizza
3. 100 million pounds of guacamole
4. 4,500 tons of chips
5. 1.25 billion chicken wings
6. There are 72 footballs used for the Super Bowl every year. The NFL purchases 700,000 footballs for each NFL season.
7. Only one Super Bowl was played in an ice storm, it was in 2000.
8. The wettest Super Bowl was in 2007 with .92 inches of rain.
9. The age gap between Peyton Manning and Cam Newton is 13 years and 48 days and is the largest in Super Bowl history.
11. The first Super Bowl was played on January 15, 1967. The Green Bay Packers won the first two Super Bowls.
12. The San Francisco 49ers are the only team to have played in more than one Super Bowl and have no losses.
13. Roman numerals are used in the Super Bowl because the Super Bowl falls into two calendar years.
14. Jerry Rice, a San Fransisco 49er Hall of Famer caught 8 touchdown passes in the Super Bowl, the second highest is 3.