Asics GT-2000 Shoe Review
Asics has done quite an update to the GT series. And to emphasize this, instead of following the next number sequence, it has been named the GT-2000. It has seen a price increase, as most shoes have recently. But, there are new features that come with the price.
- As has been present in the more expensive Gel-Kayano, the new GT-2000 has the Dynamic Duomax posting now, which has a soft layer of cushion over the firm Duomax stability posting, which just feels better.
- Another difference is a lower profile midsole (closer to the ground), along with a slightly lower heel to forefoot drop of 10mm. I really like this, it still has substantial shock attenuation because more efficient midsole foam is being produced, and the new heel drop feels more natural.
- The shoe is lighter, feels faster, but is very protective. It is a great training shoe, but would not slow down most runners in their road racing.
- The guidance line on the outsole and a re-designed trustic mid-foot support has been updated as well, allowing better transition through the gait cycle for heel strikers or mid-foot strikers.
- The upper fits really great, new thin overlays hold the foot in place well, without the old bulky stitching.
- The GT has new brighter colors, even the black model for men and women has some attractive color accents.
Asics has completely updated the GT series, raising the expectations for premium running shoes.