There is not question in my mind that we are coming up on a tough time of year for running, walking, and really doing any type of outdoor exercise. Nashville gets pretty hot and extremely humid, which isn’t fun. Signing up for a race, even a shorter one, can really help keep me on track during these summer months. With that in mind, I thought I would share some of my favorite races that are coming up in these next few months.
May 23rd: Beyond the Battkefield 5k/10K
– This race is coming soon. It is good because it happens just before the weather gets unbearable. You have the flexibility to do either the 5K or the 10 K, which is nice.
May 30th: Tennessee Titans 5K Walk/Run
– This is a good run to start the summer off right. There will be everything from walkers to speedy runners. Kids like this race because it starts at LP Field. It is one you can take the whole family to.
June 6th: Franklin Half Marathon
– I am not going to lie. This is a tough half. It’s usually hot, and it’s hilly. However it is a good challenge. It is not somewhere I usually run my best, but it’s a good race at a good time of year to keep you challenged and in shape.
June 20th: RC Cola & Moonpie 10 miler, Bell Buckle TN
– The RC Cola & Moonpie 10 miler just so happens to be one of my favorite races of all times. It is in a small town, there is a parade, a crafts fair, square dancing, and all kinds of other fun things after the race. The food at the end is great and the energy of the town is amazing. I highly recommend this race!
July 11th: Race Across the Spectrum for Autism 5K
– This race is at Crockett Park in Brentwood. It is definitely hot but it is a quick race for a great cause. If you want a hot challenge, this is a good race to sign up for. It benefits the Brown Center for Autism. Sport Seasons is proud to have partnered with the Brown Center each year for this race. The packet pickup is traditionally held at the Franklin store.
I honesty do not run race in August. For obvious reasons! (HOT weather!). Then fall running season kicks off for me with the Women’s Half Marathon. Hopefully these will help keep you on track. Just signing up for one or two can keep you motivated all summer! We all need a little motivation sometimes!